Cheshire Fire And Rescue Service Respect Course
RESPECT will be led by Fire Service personnel, who are often seen as positive, caring role models by young people. The project will engage with partners and young people to provide up to 50 hours of flexible activity which will be tailored to suit the target audience, with the aim of developing young people into better citizens, who will ultimately understand the word respect.
Our objectives are to:
- Contribute to a reduction in the number of young people being permanently excluded from Cheshire West and Chester schools.
- Contribute to a reduction in the number of young people receiving fixed term exclusions from schools.
- Contribute to a reduction in the number of unauthorised school absences.
- Conduct further research on incidences of youth nuisance/anti-social behaviour.
- Reduce arson and hoax calls through targeting work with young people.
- Reduce the number of deliberate small fires.
- Measure attitudinal; change in young people on the programme.
- Provide a citizenship scheme which will reduce the number of young people within the NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) Population.
Who to contact
Where to go
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters
- CW7 2FQ
- Age Ranges
- 13 - 16 years old
- Areas Covered
- All Areas Of Cheshire West And Chester
- Referral criteria
Referral criteria Criteria Via School
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transition to adulthood 14 +
Secondary 11 - 16 years