Skip to main content

Police contacts

By Phone

In an emergency

If you need urgent assistance you should always dial 999. We aim to answer within 10 seconds.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment you can:

Silent 999 calls

Silent 999 calls are not automatically transferred to the police, as they may have been dialled accidentally. However there is a procedure which the police request the emergency operator to follow for silent 999 calls that means that if you have made an emergency call but cannot speak (for example because you believe you will be in danger if you are heard), then the nature of the call will be identified if at all possible and it will be connected to the police and dealt with appropriately.

If you find yourself in the situation of having to make a silent 999 call to police, you must listen carefully to the emergency operator and follow instructions given to you. This is the same for calls from a landline or mobile phone. However please be aware that it is extremely difficult for the police to trace the location of mobile phone calls, so any indication you can give of your location, even if you have to whisper, is vital.

If it's not an emergency or a general enquiry

If you don't need urgent assistance, or have a general enquiry, you should dial 101(our non-emergency number).

Calls to 101 cost 15 pence per call from landlines and mobiles - no matter how long you're on the phone.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment you can contact the police using a text phone through Typetalk for non-emergency situations on 18001 101.

Contact from abroad

Call +44 1244 350000 if you want to contact Cheshire Police from outside of the UK.

Community Support

To contact your PCSO about non-urgent community safety matters, nuisance behaviour etc then please find the link to your local PCSO below.

Who to contact

Find your local PCSO
 Is this information correct?
Back to top