Skip to main content

Child Development Service (CDS) at Blacon Children's Centre

Many different specialists work within the Child Development Service, including paediatricians, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and physiotherapists and specialist early years teachers and specialist teaching assistants, to view Early Years Specialist Team information click here. They work together to assess children and then plan a programme of support. This support can take a number of forms, including:

  • specialist support from speech and language therapists or specialist teachers, such as a teacher of the deaf or vision impaired child & educational psychologists,.
  • training for parents in using early learning programmes to promote play, communication and language development
  • home-based programmes, such as Portage, which offer a carefully structured system to help parents support their child’s early learning and development.  For more information about Portage please click here

Who to contact

01244 382235

Where to go

Blacon Childrens Centre
Carlisle Road

Other Details


Areas Covered
Malpas Local Area
Ellesmere Port
Chester Rural South
Referral Details

If you are worried about your child’s development and would like some advice, you need to ask another professional for a referral, for example, your GP, pre-school teacher, health visitor or consultant.

To view the referral process please click here

Local Offer

Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years 2 - 5 years


Rated 5 out of 5
Sign in to write a review

Fantastic service
As Manager and SENDCo of Pre-School setting I cannot rate this service highly enough.The support and advice the service has provided to our setting has been invaluable.  I have had the pleasure of working with the Early Years Team at the CDS for over eight years. During that time the setting,parents and children have benefited from services provided to ensure the children in our care are able to reach their full potential during their time at Pre-school.  I feel confident that should I need advice regarding concerns about a child`s development I can call the CDS in the confidence that my concerns will be acted upon and advice and support will be available.  Staff have visited the setting and attended Action for Inclusion meetings on many occasions to offer support to parents,practitioners and to suggest strategies that both enhance the practitioner knowledge and how to to provide an an enabling environment to ensure our setting is inclusive to those children who need additional support.
 Is this information correct?
Back to top