Parent Carer Forum
The Parent/carer forum is a warm and friendly group. It meets regularly to share information and experiences, to report to members on our activities and to decide what issues to take up with service providers.
We welcome the following to become Members of the Parent/Carer Forum
- Parents and carers whose children have special educational needs, disabilities, medical needs and mental health issues
- Parent Partnership Service
- Professionals in the local authority
- Voluntary organisations
Aims and Objectives for the Parent/Carer Forum
- Parents have a voice and want to be empowered and feel that progress is being made.
- Parents are experts and the group is an opportunity to share experiences and information between parents and professionals, face to face.
- It is important to have access to information at the right time. It is hoped the forum can facilitate better sharing of information.
- Opportunity for parents to meet decision makers and influence services including new developments in Special Education Needs and disability issues.
- Speakers are invited to attend the forum as they will be essential in keeping the group up to date with changes both locally and nationally.
- The forum will provide access to training to enable parents to participate in meetings with professionals including strategic meetings.
- Personal issues can be covered at the end of the meeting or in break when there will be access to the attending professionals if needed.
- The group aim to meet termly.
- If you can’t attend the meetings you can still be a member of the Forum and this will mean you can receive information and feed your views into the group, by e-mail, phone or post.
The Parent Carer Forum is supported by Information, Advice and Support Service (formerly Parent Partnership),
If you would like to become a member of the Forum, or would like any further information please contact us.
Who to contact
- 0300 123 7001
Where to go
Council Offices, 4
- CH65 0BE
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Age Ranges
Children and young people - 0 - 25 Years
and their parents
- Areas Covered
- All Areas Of Cheshire West And Chester
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transition to adulthood 14 +
Pre and Post Birth < 0 - 2 years
Secondary 11 - 16 years
Early Years 2 - 5 years
Primary 4 - 11 years
Rated 4.25 out of 5
Sign in to write a review
Parent Carer Fourm
I have attended four Parent Carer Forums over the past year. I have found all information very helpful. I receive regular updates of courses available and future information and support for other services.
Good Support Service Lots of Links Lots of information Easy to follow
Good Support Service, lots of links, lots of information and easy to follow
Parent Carer Forum
A very worthwhile event to attend by Parents, Carers and Professionals. A great opportunity for everyone to share valuable information and experiences. Face to face conversations and discussions between Parents and Professional invaluable and should be encouraged. A free informative event and an opportunity to network.
Invaluable service for children struggling at school
I have attended at least 6 events run by Parent, Carer Forum and always come away having learned something new (and useful). The events are well run, and it's good to spend some time talking to parents and professionals who know where you are coming from with your SEN child.
Parent Carer Forum
It's a really good meeting to find out information about what's going on
Parent Carer Forum Meeting
Thank you for another informative and interesting session today at the Parent Carer Forum Meeting. Not only do we learn more but it's so good to meet other carers and share experiences. Thanks to all involved in organising these meetings.
Usefulness of meetings
A good range of useful information and advice for parents with children with SEND. Although limited time for parents to ask questions the speakers did stay behind at lunch tim to allow individuals to approach them directly.
We are trialing a new format in extending the time of our Forums this will also include a guest speaker.