In this section of the website you can read about the school admissions process.
- Apply online for your child's September 2018 reception and year seven school place
- Apply online for a place in year ten at Christleton International Studio School for September 2018
- Key admission dates
- Catchment areas
- Information booklets
- Supplementary information forms
- School admission arrangements
- In-year school transfer process
- Appeals guidance
Where to find help
The School Admissions service deals with everything to do with allocating school places, including:
- producing written information for parents about primary and secondary school admissions;
- coordinating transferring pupils from primary to secondary school;
- coordinating applications for admission into reception classes for the first time in September;
- providing advice and guidance to parents on admission procedures, including the transfer of pupils between schools;
- acting as the initial contact for parents who want to make appeals for community and voluntary controlled schools which are full;
- representing community and voluntary controlled schools as the admitting authority at independent appeal hearings.
We can be contacted in the following ways.
- Email: email@example.com
- By post: School Admissions, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AH
- Telephone: 0300 123 7039
Preparing your child for school
For help preparing your child for school please see the West Cheshire Children’s Trust School Readiness booklet. School readiness can mean different things to different people. The aim of the booklet is to provide an understanding of how parents, carers and practitioners can help children to be ready for school.